After I decided to begin getting more serious about my blog/website, I remembered a post I read earlier this year from Tara over at the tiny hummingbird about DIY business cards. I went over there and searched for the post to check it out. After reading again about the approach she took for her cards, I wrote a list and headed over to Michael’s Arts & Crafts for supplies. I also ordered some lovely floral fabric tape from cutetape.
Here’s how they turned out:
Eventually, I’ll want to get my site name/url printed on the card – but writing it is good enough for now. Take note of the stamp I used for the front of the cards – you’ll be seeing it in the design that my husband, Ilya, and I are working on!
Lastly, there are some exciting things happening in the background that I WISH I could tell you about! However, you’ll have to wait until next week to read about it!
Update (6/2/12): After adding the fabric tape to every card, I realized that the words didn’t stand out as much with the pen I used. I decided to go over the writing with a thin colored sharpie marker to match each colored card. The words and tape strip go together much better now. :)